these weekends, experienced leaders will accompany all groups. No previous
experience of any activity is necessary. All activities will be tailored
to suit the capabilities of participants, and it is hoped that even experienced
people will find new challenges to be enjoyed. Planned activities include
climbing and mountain walking. Other options may include kite-flying and
mountain-biking, (to be decided during the weekend). The donation for the
weekend includes accommodation, travel, meals (except those purchased on
the journeys) and all activities except cycle hire (see note 7 below).
1. The address of the accommodation in North Wales is
Hertfordshire Snowdonia Centre
The Old Coach House
Hafod y Llan
Gwynedd LL55 4NL
Beddgelert (01766) 890369
The Centre is equipped with bunk beds in dormitories, sleeping up to twelve people in a room. Pillows and pillowcases are provided, but you should bring your own sleeping bag. There are no resident staff at the Centre. One of our staff will cook for the entire group, but everybody will be invited to contribute to the communal house-keeping chores (mainly washing up, and cleaning the house before our departure)
2. Smoking is not permitted in the Centre.
3. The group will leave from the Adventure Club base in Higgins Walk, Stevenage. SG1 4YP (see location map) at 6.00pm on Friday evening. You should be at our base by 5.15pm so that your luggage can be loaded onto the minibus roof-rack. Cars may be parked for the weekend at our base in Stevenage. Click here for location map
4. We plan to arrive back in Stevenage at about 9pm on Sunday evening.
5. The minibus will stop en route on both Friday and Sunday evening so that individuals may purchase meals.
6. Basic equipment recommended for your safety and comfort:Waterproof jacket and trousers*