1. The name of the Club shall be ‘Stevenage & North Herts Adventure Club’.
Objects: 2. The aim of the Club is to provide a variety of adventurous activities for those over the age of 14 years.
3. The activities of the Club shall be controlled by a Management Committee composed of not fewer than six and not more than ten persons appointed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Committee shall appoint the Chairman. The Secretary and Treasurer shall be appointed by the Committee. A quorum shall consist of six members.
4. The Management Committee shall have the power to co-opt additonal members who are, in their opinion, able to render special service.
5. The duties of the Management Committee shall be to advise methods for achieving the aim/objective of the Club and to exercise a general oversight of its activities and to assist in the development and extension of those activities.
6. The Management Committee shall have power from time to time to make, alter and rescind edicts/rulings for the internal management of the Club and may delegate any of their powers to committees consisting of such members of their body as they deem fit: any committee so formed shall, in the exercise of the powers so delegated, conform to any regulations that may be imposed on it by the Management Committee.
Accounts: 7. The Management Committee shall cause to be kept accounts of all monies belonging to the Club and such accounts shall be audited annually and presented to the AGM of the Club. The financial year shall run from 1st January to the 31st December.
Membership: 8. Membership of the Club shall automatically be open to persons over the age of 14 years taking part in the Club’s activities.
Leadership: 9. All activities shall be led by suitable adult leaders and in the event of actiivities with mixed parties, at least one adult woman should be present. All leaders will be certified against the current legislated Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) criteria. Leaders involved in adventure activities bound by an official qualification, will be certifired by the appropriate body. All activities will include qualified first-aiders in the leader group.
AGM: 10. The AGM of the Club shall be held on an appropriate date in the month of April of each financial year.
Constitution: 11. The above Constitution shall only be altered by resolution passed by a two-thirds majority of the Management Committee, present and voting.